Do you want to save 20-30% on your energy bills by making energy-saving improvements to your home, but don't know how you can afford the cost of making such improvements? Are you a Georgia Power customer? Does your home use Georgia Power services? Then you are in luck. Georgia Power has programs to assist their customers to make qualifying energy-saving improvements their home.
Greenhome Solutions of Georgia assists residential homeowners take advantage of Georgia Power's rebate programs. A Greenhome Solutions of Georgia licensed technician will assess your home to determine energy savings and our team of professionals will provide services to implement the recommended improvements such as attic insulation, air and duct sealing, and lighting upgrades.
Both homeowners and landlords can qualify for Georgia Power energy-saving programs. To qualify for Georgia Power programs, the customer must meet the following:
- The customer must have an active account with Georgia Power.
- Electrical power to the the property must be provided through Georgia Power.
Home Energy Improvements Program (HEIP)
The Home Energy Improvements Program (HEIP) is a rebate program that helps Georgia Power customers reduce electricity use through the installation of multiple qualifying energy-saving improvements as determined by an energy assessment. Typical HEIP improvements may include some of the following:
- Attic Insulation
- Air Sealing
- Duct Sealing
- Lighting Upgrades - LED Light Bulbs
- Water Heater turndown
- HVAC System Cleaning and Service
- Heat Pump/Furnace Cleaning and Service
Contact Greenhome Solutions of Georgia to schedule an in-home assessment to learn what energy-saving rebate improvements you may be eligible for.
Energy Assessment & Solutions Program (EASP)
The Georgia Power Energy Assessment & Solutions Program (EASP) is designed to assist income-eligible customers with energy savings through education and free qualifying energy-saving improvements.
Program participants will receive a free in-home assessment, which will analyze energy-saving opportunities throughout your home, followed by free home energy improvement services performed by a program contractor, such as Greenhome Solutions of Georgia.
EASP participants may receive energy-saving improvements such as:
- Attic Insulation
- Air Sealing
- Water heater insulating jackets
- Pipe wrapping
- HVAC assessment
- Lighting upgrades - LED light bulbs
- Smart programmable thermostat(s)
Participants in the EASP must qualify for the program:
- You must have an active account with Georgia Power
- Your household income must be at or below 200% of federal poverty income guidelines - please see the below chart for income guidelines. Household income applies to all adults 18 years of age or older living in the house. Income documentation is required in order to be approved for the program. Examples of approved documentation include:
- Social Security
- Unemployment Insurance
- Pension Funds
- Food Stamp Award Letter
- Pay Stub
- If applicable, the No Income Affidavit form may be completed.
- If you are a renter, you must complete the landlord consent form.
Note: Additional verification may be required.
Contact Greenhome Solutions of Georgia to learn more about the Georgia Power Energy Assessment & Solutions Program.
Applying for the Program
If you feel that you qualify for the Energy Assessment & Solutions Program and would like to schedule an appointment to apply for the program, please contact the Greenhome Solutions of Georgia office.
The following documentation is required to register for the program. Your application will not be accepted if you fail to bring the following documentation to the appointment:
- Completed Georgia Power Low Income Affidavit Form
- Proof of an active Georgia Power account - Such as paper statement or online screen print, which includes the Georgia Power account # or meter #.
- Proof of income - Proof of all sources of income for all adults 18 years of age or older that are living in the home will be required. See above for list of approved documents.
- If you are a renter, the above mentioned landlord consent form must also be included.
Call Greenhome Solutions of Georgia at (678) 901-3046 or complete our online contact form.